Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Back in the Saddle

I've always loved that phrase. Don't know why. So anyway I performed stand up yet again last night at the Melody Inn last night and it felt good trying to come back after what happened up at Jester's. I'll come back to that in a minute. Last night was also improv night.

So I know last time I felt like I was totally on my game last week for improv, but I felt that Candi was really doing the shining last night. She was up on that stage for more sketches than any one person and she was really good. I think my favorite Candi line was when here and (New) Karen were doing a scene at a Winery. (New) Karen said "You've got to try this *Insert Wine Type here* it has a buttery taste." And Candi poped back "I prefer more a margarine flavored *Insert Wine Type here*" That was my favorite line. Although I got some big laughs when I played a Sterotypical Gay man at a sports Bar called the Tight End. Which is a gag I remember from the show "Grace Under Fire". So yeah had a lot of fun at improv.

So getting back to my stand up last night. It was loooooong list we got there. I went on around the 11 person on the list. And by the time I got on there was almost no one left in the bar. Having said that though I felt this went waaaay better than what happened with Jester's. I have been doing different jokes each time but only because I have a hard time remembering them so I'll have to figure that out soon. All and all I'm glad I didn't let my first time bombing get me down.

0 comments:

Post a Comment