Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Level 2-3 improv

So in an effort to add more content to this blog I've decided to keep a log of what's happening in my improv class. So last night was all about characters. Characters is easily my strongest part of improv. My weakest is object work but I'm sure I'll get plenty of practice on that. Anyway we were focusing in on the physical attributes that can make a character. And the opening practice was to walk like a person we met or knew. I was going to start as My cousin Gabe, but when I couldn't think of how he walked it became a over extended Shaggy. So yeah that one took large amount of energy to pull off. I forget the exact series of scenes we did after that but I did a cranky, bent over, old man in an antique store. I broke a bunch of lamps on my scene partner (Old) Karen. And as the scene was ending she was trying to get me to pay for them. Which (as the character) I wasn't going to. I said (as the character) "Do you know who I AM?). In which (Old) Karen said "Do You Know who I am?" I responded with "No!" And what's funny is Dave asked "Did you think about standing up and running?" I said Yes but I thought better of it.

The funniest scene was when I decided that I was going to be a Hunch Back, One eyed guy with a starter. And then Dave said "Okay so you're new Parents" after that it became hard not to laugh and break character. The first reason? Candi (My scene partner this time) was a death person with
Cochlear Implants. The minute she started talking I and everyone else couldn't help but laugh. Then I started talking and it got even funnier. That was my favorite scene but not my best character I think.

The best character was when only one of us was given a select nationality and the other person had to react. I got Spanish and knew a split second later what I was going to do. I was going to do Casanova. My scene partner was (New) Karen and we where at a cell phone store. She was the sells person and I was the customer. I kept hitting on her and hitting on her hard. I finally agreed to buy something provided she went out with me. And with out missing a beat (New) Karen said let me show you these nice laptops. And that was the end of the scene. And (New) Karen said "Well if he was going to buy stuff based on me going out with him I was going to hook for much more." To which I said "And 'HE' would have too!" He came very naturally and quickly. The best part to me was after Dave said "I should take you Hand Modeling sometime. Best line ever!" That felt Awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment